Friday, January 22, 2010

Welcome

4 Reasons why I'm starting a Bill Simmons-themed blog:

1. I'm a big fan of Bill Simmons. I started reading "The Sports Guy" column while I was in graduate school, probably around 2000 or so. Since that time I've probably consumed 95% of his columns, blog musings, books, and podcasts.

2. It's hard to get into the mailbag. I've tried on several occasions (under the moniker "Dr. Nate") to be included in the Sports Guy's "Mailbag" column, but never succeeded. Let's face it, the guy's popular, and I can't guess how many emails he receives. I want to comment on the latest revelations in Sports Guy's World, but there's no good place for it.

3. To allow other BS Report readers to discuss the genius of Bill Simmons with one another. Do you want a place to comment on what type of Subway sandwich Simmons should choose in his upcoming beating of Cousin Sal as part of their year-long football bet? Here it is.

4. I'm addicted to the Internet. I already have several other personal and professional blogs & I spend an inordinate amount of time web surfing. I figure I might as well be constructive about the time I spend playing on the computer.

So: welcome to the B.S. Commentary, and we'll see how this turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment