Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Recent Podcasts: It's For Charity

A few funny moments of note on recent B.S. Report podcasts:

1.  The revelation that Simmons and his friend Joe House are engaging in an epic hypermiling road trip from D.C. to Miami for charity.  I know I've heard all the stories about House's eating prowess, but I'd have to take the under on the # of Chic-Fil-A sandwiches (quotes as 6 1/2 on the show I believe) eating during the alleged 16-hour road trip. I'm sure he COULD eat that many sandwiches in that time period (hell, I'm sure I could---they're delicious), it's just that 16 hours isn't THAT long of a time, and it would be boring to just stop and eat only at Chic-Fil-A.  

2.  One of my favorite guests on the B.S. Report is definitely Adam Corolla, and his fake movie pitches should be a regular feature. This week's movie pitches were pretty good (e.g., "Pinkie Cheeks" starring Rob Schieder was probably the best idea of the bunch), though still can't approach the brilliance of the Shia LeBoeuf vehicle "Pedof Isle." More Corolla movie pitches in the future. 

3.  On his recent Kobe-themed podcast with J.A. Adande, Bill made the impassioned case that he would want the new-and-improved version of Dirk Nowitzki taking the final shot in a close game rather than Kobe Bryant.  A few days later Kobe hit a sweet jumper in the face of Ray Allen & the Celtics for the victory.  Shouldn't have tempted the basketball gods like that, Simmons.

No comments:

Post a Comment